In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Friday, September 24, 2010

September's Book Club Party


We had a great time celebrating villians at our "A Series of Unfortunate Events: A Bad Beginning" Book Club Party. Many came dressed as villians in honor of the ultimate villian, Count Olaf. I was Doctor Psychosis! We even had Count Olaf among our numbers along with one of his very creepy white faced ladies! We started the party with a game against Team Violet, Team Klaus and Team Sunny. Team members answered questions from the book, explained life lessons as per Lemony Snicket and defined difficult vocabulary! Team Sunny ended up winning, and their prize was nothing more than the satisfaction of knowing they won!!! We then shared EYE ART and guessed who drew which piece of art. Nikkita Gibson won top of show for her eye art. I personally liked my eye best, but that's o.kay Nikkita... you crazy cat lady! After all the excitement of our art presentations we ate from a huge pan of "Not Roastbeef" otherwise known as Pasta Putanesca. Dessert was pudding. All and all it was a fun party.

No comments:

Post a Comment