In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dead as a Doornail by C. Harris

"Dead as a Doornail" is the 5th Sookie Stackhouse novel. The Sookie Stackhouse books have all been very entertaining, but this is the first of the 5 I've read that I would feel comfortable allowing my 16 year old to read. Most go a little too far in the "romance department"... yeah, that's a good way of saying it! Anyway, I like the books very much. They are easy to read, and each chapter leaves you NEEDING to know more! In this volume Sookie (a telepathic barmaid at Merlotte's Bar) is saved by her fairy godmother (REALLY!) from her burning home, finds herself involved with a pack of werewolves and in the middle of the election of a new pack leader, is shot while leaving the library, is landlord to a vampire pirate who is filling in at Merlotte's as bartender, is warned by Bubba (who was Elvis in his post-dead vampire state) that she is in danger and strikes a deal with Eric (the vampire sheriff of District 5) to save her friend, Tara, from an abusive vampire named Mickey! Sookie Stackhouse leads a full life, you might say!!!
Dead as a Doornail Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment