In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Dark and Hollow Places

Annah followed her friend Elias as she left her five year old twin sister behind in the Forest of Hands and Teeth twelve years ago. Elias left three years ago to fight against the "mudo". Now a Horde of zombies has swarmed the Dark City where she lives, and she finds herself on the run. She's literally and figuratively lost until she meets Catcher. Of course, Catcher has his own secrets. Dark truths that link him to a past Annah would rather forget, and to a future too deadly to consider.

I REALLY LOVED THIS BOOK. I like the zombies... a.k.a the unconsecrated, the mudo, the plague rats. They are gruesome and scarry, but at the same time I find myself feeling sorry for them and and people they used to be. I like that although this is a zombie story, and the world is in an awful mess that at the core of it all, people and relationships are what drives the story. AWESOME 3rd book. I thought this was a trilogy, but I think the author could easily write another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment