In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I finished it!

Mockingjay is full of twists and turns from beginning to end as the story of Katniss Everdeen continues. The people from Districts 1 through 12 (including Katniss & Gale) along with the mysterious District 13 form "the rebels." They fight against the the capitol city of Panem for their freedom. This book is by far the bloodiest of the three books, and unfortunately there is little time for romance! Overall, Suzanne Collins does a great job of tying up loose ends while creating a whole new story where Katniss is still a token in a game she doesn't want to play but finds she must.
Katniss And Peeta Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. This is so weird!!! I went (I swear) to Barnes and Noble yesterday to look for The Hunger Games. I decided not to get it since it was nearly $20 and I thought I would have a hard time justifying that price to Marc when I have BOXES full of books downstairs. I am dying to read the series!!!

    ReplyDelete