In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

August's Book Club Party

Fire Pictures, Images and Photos
Our August Book Club Party was a success even with only 17 in attendance! We all just lead such exciting lives, it's hard to get our books finished! Becca Broome and Renee Biddy certainly deserve mention for going all out with their "monster attire." Really great job, guys! Also, I'd like to welcome William who came with the Gibson Family! We hope you'll come back in September.
We covered a little about character analysis and everyone was able to share why they choose a certain character from the book. Thanks goes out to Kaylie who when asked why she choose Fire as her character, she said, "because she's pretty." I'm so proud of my college bound teen! During the party, I was able to show off my brilliance with a character matching sheet (boy, there were too many characters in this book) and a crossword puzzle. There will be NO mutilation of worksheets next book club party! You guys should be taking these sheets home and studying them, and No, I'm not kidding!
Our meal consisted of MONSTER drinks and monster raptor meat which was pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. I was determined to find something for my vegan friend but failed totally! Thankfully Reba made Clara's carrot cake which was vegan friendly! Thanks, Reba. It was very tasty.
So, tell me what you thought of the party. I'm already working on our September party for A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning. It should be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment