In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty --- NOT

     NOT your ordinary fairy tale for sure, but amazing!  The first two books take place on earth after the 4th World War.  We meet a charming Prince, a cyborg mechanic named Cinder, her droid with a faulty personality chip and Cinder's evil stepmother and her two step-sisters who all live in China... the Common Wealth.  The second book introduces us to Scarlett who is French, a Queen-made mutant named wolf, a cyber-genious named Cress who is a prisoner in a satellite forced to do the Queen's biding and a rogue yet handsome and charming thief and pilot.  The third book takes place in Luna... yes, that would be the moon and people (lunars) live.  Unfortunately they are ruled by the evil Queen Lavana who is stepmother to the sweet, beautiful and mentally ill young lunar named Winter. 
    The way the author Marissa Meyer weaves this story together is incredible; no moon rock is left unturned!  Why is Cinder a Cyborg?  Where did the awful disease Letimosis come from? Why does Iko, Cinder droid, have personality like... well, a person?  Why is the Queen so afraid of "shells"?  Is Wolf good or bad?  What does the Queen want with Scarlett's gran who is a sweet farmer lady?  Why does Cress seek out Cinder?  Does Thorne have the capability of love and heroics?  Why won't Winter use her gift?  Why is Jason loyal to the Queen?  So many questions... but each one will be answered!  Cinder, Cress & Winter are three truly amazing books.  Read them, and you will see!
Image result for cinder book

Oh, I forgot... FAIREST and a collection of short stories follows.
I haven't read them, but I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment