In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Real Murders by C. Harris

Okay, so I'm totally hooked on Charlaine Harris these days. I decided to read the first in her "Aurora Teagarden Mysteries" when I couldn't get the last Sookie Bookie from the library. I'm not typically into mysteries (that is the ones without a supernatural element), but I did enjoy this book. Murders happened all around Roe Teagarden until she finds herself and her half-brother right in the middle of the action. If I were smarter I would have tried to figure out who done it before the end, but I enjoyed being surprised so I just sat back and read. I think there are 4 or 5 more in this series that Mrs. Harris says she's done with. I might get back to them, but for now I've got the 10th Sookie Stackhouse novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment