In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Dead in the Family

I am in mourning at this very moment. I'm not sure a person can technically mourn the completion of a book series, but that's exactly what I'm doing! Dead in the Family is the 10th Sookie Stackhouse novel (a.k.a. sookie bookie), and I just finished it here at the beach! Thankfully, another book is scheduled to be released in February of 2011. Possible names for this 11th book: Dead Letters or Dead Reakoning. Anyway, back to Dead in the Family...Sookie meets Vampire Viking Sheriff Eric's maker (Appius) and his "brother" (Alexei), and she doesn't care for either one very much. Sookie helps Bill recover from silver poisoning. Sookie helps alleviate her fairy cousin Claude's lonliness. Sookie helps her cousin (Hunter) learn how to control his telepathy. You might just say that Sookie is very helpful! LOVED the book, loved the books, can't wait for #11. I LOVE YOU SOOKIE STACKHOUSE! I LOVE YOU SHERIFF ERIC. I LOVE YOU SHIFTER SAM. I LOVE YOU PITIFUL BILL. I LOVE YOU SILLY PAM. I LOVE YOU SEXY CLAUDE. I LOVE MY SOOKIE BOOKIES!!! In fact, I might just reread them all... right now!
Dead in the Family Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment