In 2008, I combined my love of books with my love of parties. The idea was simple... our family would choose and read a great book. I would invite others to read the same book. I would collect $5 from each participant, plan games, contests, decorations, food and prizes all focused on the theme of the book! The money given by each participant would allow an ample budget for loads of book club party fun! The parties have been wildly successful. As a homeschool mom, I'm proud to say that we learn a little something, too!



Read more here about me, my family and my Book Club Parties. Discuss with me upcoming books and parties, make book suggestions, discuss other books I've read or books you're reading. Also, hopefully (sometime soon) get complete BOOK CLUB PARTY INSTRUCTIONS for all the book club parties I've thrown since 2008!

Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Parties Continue!

It's been a while, but it's time to REVIVE THE BLOG!  We named our book club party group:
THE BLOOMING LADIES BOOK CLUB (thanks to Sherry Bolen) ---
"The Bloomers" for short!
We've read so many books and partied hardy so many times since I last visited the blog. 
Here's a list:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ 2013
The Book Thief ~2014
The Great Gatsby ~2014
The Fault in Our Stars ~2014
Gone Girl ~2014
Dorothy Must Die ~2014
Unbroken ~2014
The Girl on the Train ~2015
All the Truth that's in Me ~2015
The Husband's Secret ~2015
The Magician's Elephant ~2015
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane ~2015
The Tale of Despereaux ~2015

We're all currently reading BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP, and I am in planning mode for our party right now. 

Remember, as a member of the blog, YOU are ALL authors meaning YOU can all post... so go for it!  Post about the books we're reading.  Post about the books YOU are reading... cute photos, movie trailers books turned into movies, book ideas, etc, etc, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment